Friday, April 26, 2013

My little sister


So, about a month ago, (March 18, 2013) I get a text message from Rachelle (my sister) and she says that she needed a ride to her dr apt. and I had to work that day. So, she said that she has something to tell me. I was so confused. A bunch of things rushed through my head. The first thing that ran through my head was maybe she’s pregnant…. No, she couldn’t be. But then I thought again..  I think she is. I get a long text from her telling me. Sure enough, she says that she thinks she’s pregnant. I was over joyed. A million questions ran through my head. I asked how she knows. She pretty much said, I have this feeling.  She took a pregnancy test which tested positive. And she was going to the doctors to check to see if she has a bladder infection and to see if she’s going to be a mommy. I cried with joy and excitement. I was the first person she told. She was so nervous to tell mom and dad. We went in, and sure enough the test was positive.  So the following week she had an ultra sound. Mom and I went with her. We found out that she was 24 weeks and 2 days along, due July 20 and having a girl!! J I think she’s going to be early.

About January, I had this dream. And in that dream, I was babysitting a little beautiful girl with blonde hair and blue eyes. Then Rachelle came and picked her up and gave her love and kisses like a wonderful mommy. And then I woke up. So, confused. It was stuck in my head all day. All I thought about was, is this real, is my dream telling me something. Is God sending me a message to prepare ourselves to tell Rachelle to prepare herself for such a life changing time in her life. I’m not sure. I just feel so blessed and so happy for our family to grow. I’m going to be an aunt for the second time. But feels like the first time. I have such a strong love and care for this tiny little human that isn’t born yet. It’s un-describable. I’m sure the love that Shell has for her, is even stronger.

This little baby is going to be so loved and have so much support growing up. All the boys in the family thought she was going to have a boy. But I already knew!

No comments:

Post a Comment